Monday, February 18, 2008

Introspection

Every ounce of me, is spent waging wars and preaching peace.
I cannot stand firm against all the things that fuel the deepest fears within me.
I am fragile, my attempts are futile. My goals are far stretched.

The ideas of who I am, who I've been and who I want to become have merged into one thought.

That thought has festered inside of me. Like a burden birthed unto my shoulders. It has taken over and become something so strong within me that I cannot think or speak.
I cannot hear or feel.

Somewhere along the way I've lost myself.
Or maybe I've finally found myself, and it's not who I wanted to become.

I have become a human sacrifice. Giving up parts of myself, that expose a wound within.

Parts of me I try to hide, but can't.
Cuts that bleed my pride.

I drown myself with faults.
I know my rank.
A number two in a world of ones.

No comments: