Friday, November 28, 2008

Thank Full.

Being the day after Thanksgiving, I'm a smidge too late to write that blog listing all the things I'm thankful for.

The fact is, im not really thankful for the things I have or the obstacles I've overcome. I'm not particularly grateful either.

But I am proud. I may not have the best life, with the most amazing things. And, I may not always be surrounded by a loving family and a large number of friends.

But, I've made it through alot of things that people my age don't normally go through. And, I'm not in complete shambles.

I'm proud of mysef for always sticking to my guns. I voice my opinions, and I fight for the things I believe in. I don't let people walk all over me, and I don't walk all over people.
I am honest. And trustworthy. And with each day I make strides towards becoming a person that isn't hurtful to others for no apparent reason.

I pay my bills, I remember my debts.
Most of all, I respect myself, and show respect to others. (unless they disrespect me)

As hard as life can be sometimes, I really am glad that I've gone through every single thing that I have. Every thing is a learning experience. And, I've learned alot.

Everything I've done. The people I've formed friendships and relationships with, the things I've overcome, and ..the failures that have devoured me...They've all mademe who I am.
That person is not one I'm always completely comfortable with, I'm not always the most secure or confident.
But, I am always chugging along towards that goal. And, I'm glad that I'm as far as I am, and not in an even worse place.

I've reached a place where I'm tired of lying down idely watching the things, people and ideas that matter to me, disappear.

So, I guess I am thankful. Thankful that i've managed to keep some sanity in this world. And, I'm not ready to give up trying.

*shrug*

No comments: