Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Unravel

I stand on insufficient grounds.
Locking and loading the rounds.
My pen is the barrel of a gun.
No matter which side I'm on, I'm out of places to run.
Time's up for fairy tales.
My arms are raised and ready for nails.
I'm in a million pieces
My mind is vacant, while I pass out the leases.
I feel immediate threat
So I stand out and prepare to sweat.
I cant stop falling. In or out.
Its not just love that this is about.
I feel I've under- shown
Been over thrown.
And it's all about to fade.
The songs that ease my mind skip.
My life feels like a fucked up acid trip.
Flip. Flip. Flip.
I play ring around the rosies with dirt
My pockets full of hurt.
And all I ever do is fall down.
I've got rubber legs of sin
A plastic heart to hold my regrets in
And all I can do is think of you.
I'm humptey dumpty without the kings men
Or David and Goliath in a Lions den.
I'm a terrorist to myself.
I'm a rich man that blows his wealth.
I curse the things I hold. The people and ideas.
I despise myself, Any idea how that feels?
My words seem to be all I have.
No way to escape myself. No hideaway to travel.
Watch as I unwind. Look at me unravel.

No comments: