Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Quick Update.

I know this is two blogs in a short period of time...You secretly love it.

I just want it to be documented here, that today starts the beginning of a new chapter in my life.
I am taking the appropriate steps towards becoming a person I am proud of.

I am getting into contact with my mother. It is for her to lose, or her to gain. But the burden I've carried over it, is going to be eliminated and her decisions thereafter fall on her, and her alone. I am giving one last opportunity for the both of us to do what's right. I'll keep you updated.

I am on the wagon. No booze for me. While this saddens a part of me, the bigger part is excited to accomplish something. I quit smoking successfully (on my own) and, booze is the next thing. Not that I don't like booze, but I'm not at a point where I don't abuse alcohol to patch up some problem or emotion. And, until I can get to that point, I'm okay with not messing with the stuff. It's just gonna be hard to keep my boss from trying to force feed it. But, I'm a fairly strongwilled person. So, we'll see with that too.

I am going to the DMV tomorrow. I finally got my paperwork taken care of, tickets are long gone, everything is ready...and I'm excited to say that it should not be long until I'm driving again. Which admittedly, I've said before.
This time is different.
My mindset is different, and I have this sudden burst of confidence. I know that the best of things are on the horizon for me. It makes me smile.

I've been sending out emails to people. Apologizing for the things I've done. I regret alot of the things I've done. Ways I've hurt people. And, I'm done with being that person. It doesn't get one very far in the grand scheme of things. In fact, I think it takes you further back.

And, soon...I plan on severely looking for another job. As soon as I'm driving...it's numero uno on my list.

As for anything else, I'm just going to try my best. Show the word and those around me that I'm serious, and this is a complete upheaval.
I have one very important hope/wish...that I hope I get to complete successfully. But, I'm not going to discuss that here.
The things closest to my heart remain a secret.

Anyway.
I just wanted to write about where I'm at. At this exact moment.

Good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck Nick!!

Anonymous said...

go! go! go!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Good plan! Once you get mobile you will find a better place to work. Trying not to drink and working in a bar would be impossible...

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, and your new found zest for life.