Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sappy Schmappy.

I'm a firm believer in that age old phrase "Everything happens for a reason".

Maybe its karma, divine intervention, or whatever the hell is is exactly..I'm not sure the origin.
But, I do believe that there is a purpose for each and everything that is thrown at you.

Whether it be a punishment of sorts for something you've done wrong, or whether it be an obstacle, perfectly placed in one's life so that they can overcome it (or..often ...not overcome it) and be prepared for things later in life. (or...often....not be prepared)

I think that some people have an easier time overcoming things. Some people are dwellers, or aren't as emotionally sound as others. Some people just lack the direction, or the drive to get through things.
Some people need a hand to hold, and some people need their space to accomplish things on their own.

But ultimately, I think everything that occurs to a person is destined to happen so that they fit in their place in life. Some people miss the opportunity to change after this things because they aren't able to decipher the right way to go...and I personally think that explains why some people think that bad things always happen to them, or they can't see to catch a break.
I believe it's probably because they caught a break, but they let it pass, and now they gotta wait for the break to come back around.
Or something like that.

I take a look at the experiences I personally have gone through. And, I acknowledge that most of the time, I've let them pass by without really changing the things that led up to whichever mistakes I made in life at that point.
But, there have also been instances where my entire mindset has changed. There have been things that have led me to be a stronger person, and there have been things that have set me back a few steps.

Again I believe in karma.
You do things, and those things come back to you. Maybe not in the exact form, but in some way. If you do things you promise you aren't ever going to do again, you might....say...get spit on at work, and have all of your tips stolen in the same night. (happened to me about a month ago, i just never had the time to write about it). Then, say you do something else that might not seem as bad, but still makes you feel guilty, you might say...lose your wallet with money in it, only to have it returned a week later, with the money gone. Or, perhaps....lose two of your shifts at work, and suddenly find yourself feeling like.."oh shit!"

There are ways in which all of us get dealt back what we've dished out.
Sometimes it's good, and often times it's the complete opposite.

I also believe in learning. You go through things that some people don't understand, and even though they might not be healthy for you to go through, after you've gone through them...You realize how much you needed them to catapult you to somewhere else.

I certainly don't want to jinx, or even really discuss the things that are going on in my life in this forum. too many people read it, that only have negative things to say about me and/or my life.
However, I will state that I am seeing someone. Someone that amazes me with his kindness.
For the first time in my life, someone treats me like I am the most important person in the world. And, even though I tell him to shutup everytime he says something sweet, or I tell him he's a freak when he does something that secretly makes my heart skip a beat.. It's a truly humbling thing to experience. I've never felt like...number one. I guess I've probably never been a number one.
But I suddenly find myself in the situation.
And, its amazing how much you change. How some of your issues just disappear when you know you have someone that honestly adores you. And only you.

I for the very first time, am learning what trust actually is.
And, I have to credit that to the things I've gone through before.
If not for each and every predicament, relationship, friendship or conversation...I wouldn't be in the exact place I'm in right now.
Which, I'm excited to say.. is a pretty good one.

Now if I can just shake this cold...and find a job that doesn't constantly dick me around like yesterdays ball sack, ..my life would be in a really incredible place.

Peace and Chicken grease.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky. I'm glad that you are happy with someone. You deserve it...aaannnnddd....this blog really touched me. I got a little misty-eyed at certain parts that made absolute and perfect sense when applied to my current situation. You're a brilliant writer and thinker. You will go far in life. Just remember drunk Bryan in case my next big dream doesn't come true and I'm sleepin' in the gutter! I gotta get a free shot somewhere, right? :P

Anonymous said...

Your an amazin person.. everything about you is amazing in every way.. and I'm sorry that other have not seen everything wonderful about you.. but i'm soo glad they didnt.. cause i do.. and i cant get enough of it!
Thanks for being you .. and letting me be part of you and your crazy wonderful world!

Anonymous said...

awe nick! Its bout damn time that you have a genuine smile on your face!!! Too many times in the past years its been a facade and i could tell, but you made it thru only to come out better for it...u both are sweethearts just hope i havent scared him off, i can be a bit overbearing at times lol...and cant wait to hangout more in the future ...i mean it, i miss being in your world!! Thanks for the funtimes even if they were brief last weekend and always take care of you and know that your important---no matter what!! I <3 you nickel!!