Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Silence is Golden.

Often times, a persons life can be changed my just a few small words.

I'm sorry. I forgive you.I believe in you. I hate you. I love you. I don't love you anymore.

Any combination of words, voiced at any given moment, and peoples' lives can change.

And, with that same regard, sometimes not saying anything can change lives too.

Often times there are things that people need to hear. A concerned thought, an expression of desire, a declaration of love. A momentum charged by excitement, or hope.

Sometimes we get these words. Sometimes we get these moments of silence. Sometimes we dont.

And, sometimes we get voiced opinions that we don't wish for. Sometimes we get words either meant maliciously, or out of the best of intentions, that shake us, make us feel bad. Sometimes, words can weasel their way into the cracks you've mistakenly left access to....And if the timing of everything is off, they can be detrimental.

I've typically never been a big person that gets hurt by the things people have to say. Unless they're people I really care about immensely. I've tried to model my life in a "i dont care what people think or say" kind of way.
However, I'm human too, and unlike Christina Aguilera, Words can bring me down.

I'd like to explain, that I'm a writer.
I come here, because this is my outlet for the things that seem to strangle me in the real world. Writing in this blog, is an escape for my thoughts. The things I feel, and think. The things I'm sometimes too afraid, or too ashamed to say.
I'm typically not the kind of person that writes when I'm in a good mood. I can usually find something else to do, however...sometimes something does strike me in a happy mood.
You'll find that throughout history writers are typically the most tortured souls in the world. Many of the greatest writers known to this Earth have gone crazy, or killed themselves.
I'm not crazy, nor do I have any desire or even inkling of a thought about killing myself, but...I do get sad. It happens.
And, when I come to MY sanctuary to write about my feelings, or things plagueing my everyday life...I have that right.
You, as the reader have the ability to choose not to read. I certainly didn't search you out and say "HERE. PLEASE. READ THIS".

I got a comment from someone that I know fairly well, suggesting that I look into some sort of medication for my infinite sadness. And, while I guess that's one available option,..I don't think that's exactly a fair assessment.
You see, I pour out my soul in a public forum. My thoughts are available for the world to see. How many people reading this, can say they do the same?

Do you write down every single sad thing you go through? Do you expose it to the world? And, if you did, would you want some self righteous bitch telling you what they think is the best thing for you to do? Especially given that said person didn't message me or speak to me privately to see what's going on that might be causing these emotions.

My point is this, if you don't know what is going on with a person, if you don't know their circumstances, don't pretend to know what they need.
I don't pretend to tell you how to stop drinking so much that you pass out on the bar on a regular basis.
Everyone has their problems. Everyone has their ups and their downs. Just because I let you read what I think about things, including myself during these times, doesn't mean it's an open invitation for you to give me your opinion on whats wrong with me.
And, if you truly thought it was serious enough, or cared enough to be terribly concerned, theres better ways to get your point across rather then leaving a "you're fuckin crazy and need to be on meds" message attached to my blog.
I appreciate your very unprofessional opinion, but keep in mind that I don't come here to write for advice. I don't come here for input, and opinions. I come here because it's the only ceative release I have, and if I don't do so, I'll end up driving myself crazy, and then I really will need to be on medication.
You never know what's ailing someone else.
So work on yourself, and your own faults. Until you are a perfect person, you shouldn't be wasting your time giving assessments of anyone else.

Leaving comments is one thing, but being a dick is another.

Sometimes there's a place for words. And sometimes Silence is Golden.

2 comments:

Preston said...

I think someone was just let have.

Anonymous said...

ouch. thats gonna leave a mark. ok nick, im sorry that my joking opinion made you upset enough to dedicate a whole blog to me. thanks :)